About the instructor
Here's a little bit about me
"Olivia Alexander is an internationally awarded contemporary Abstract artist. She uses layers of specialized mixed media techniques to create expressionism and abstract Earthscapes inspired by the coastal regions of Australia and Europe.
Although discovering art as a young teenager, Olivia didn't begin to pursue a professional career until 2001 and undertook nine years of training in Fine Art, Advanced & Creative Drawing, Advanced Mixed Media, as well as Interior Design.
Her work has gained global recognition with multiple international awards including both pewter and bronze medal diplomas from the Paris society of Arts, Sciences and Letters, a silver medal diploma from the French International Academy of Merit and in 2015, the Art Critics Award and the Rome Imperial International award from Italy.
She was a finalist in the international Brisbane Art Prize, 2015 and the New York International Art Contest at Gateway Art Centre, NY in 2016.
She is a popular teacher known for her encouraging and generous teaching style."
PS: If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see more about my art and my professional art journey on my website About pages at www.OliviaAlexanderArt.com
In this 9 lesson, self-paced art course, students will learn fun abstract exercises to become confident with colour mixing.
Consisting of 11 videos and nine different abstract exercises and with written lessons, your tutor Olivia Alexander takes you through step by step.
Using the basic three primary colours you will learn how to mix secondary and tertiary colours.
The course also covers how to mix and use complimentary colour schemes.
At the end of the course students will be able to mix a wide range of colours.
Students have access to all six lessons immediately but it can be undertaken as a self-paced course of one lesson per week.
Olivia will also be available to answer your questions via her Thinkific Art School site, personal email and a group Facebook page.
- Lesson 1 - Create an Abstract Using 3 Primary Colours Demo
- Lesson 1 - Create an Abstract Using 3 Primary Colours
- Lesson 2- Palette Knife and Three Primary Colours to Create an Abstract - Demo
- Lesson 2- Palette Knife and Three Primary Colours to Create an Abstract
- Lesson 3- All the Secondary in an Abstract 'alla prima' Demo
- Lesson 3- All the Secondary Colours in an Abstract 'alla prima'
- Lesson 4 - Mixing Tertiary Colours in the Visual Diary
- Lesson 4-Tertiary Colours in a Tree Abstract Demo
- Lesson 4- Mixing Tertiary Colours and Creating a Tree Abstract - Two Exercises
- Lesson 5- Analogous Colours
- Lesson 5- Analogous Colours
- Lesson 6 - Complimentary Colours: Blue and Orange
- Lesson 6- Complimentary Colours: Red and Green
- Lesson 6- Complimentary Colours: Yellow and Purple
- Lesson 6- Complimentary Colours: A Riot of Colours
- Lesson 6 - Complimentary Colours in Abstract- A week of exercises